1928, my time in the war part 7
On the way home
The work there has made me fun, but I wanted to go home. End of June I was in nothing more Dachelhofen. Achim wanted to Berlin. That was me all right, because I had to not only make their way. Then there were even two bicycles were allowed to take us and off we went. We were making good. After just a few days we reached the yard. Behind it should start somewhere, the Russian occupation zone. A little food we had at first there. The ration cards, we had also brought along more. When we have something to eat before court concerned, I have given all the food stamps, because in the East Zone had no validity. But until then we really at the border were and knew where we could come over there at night to create, went again another day. But we were hungry again and now no more food stamps. Achim has scolded me: "You stupid dog to give away all brands. What we eat now. "We were so hungry that we are still digging into small potatoes from the field. As rough as they were, we ate them and they tasted great. I have during my march away from Ceske Budejovice never suffered hunger. Everywhere I've mostly only in the evening, asked for overnight, was given to me without being asked increasingly to eat something.
are any case, we made good night across the border. We came to a Station, I think it was called Güterglück. In the morning, rode the train and we sat inside the train. The bikes we have to leave it of course. Drove the train to Magdeburg. There we had to get out. Now we got further but unfortunately not the same because the Elbe bridges were closed. The other people who were there said, but they have to open briefly from time to time, the bridge, for all accumulated here on both sides. And so it was. We stood for a whole night there in order not to miss the opening. The next morning it was finally time. Finally through! However, it went no further. Were now closed to the dikes. Of course there were there some people who are knew about. However, we had to walk very far and that only at night. Until we found a place where we could walk past the Russian guards, over. But today I think the Russian guards have turned a blind eye.
Now to Berlin
The next morning we found the next station. From here we went without stopping the train to Berlin. From train station to come to Charlottenburg for me was no longer a problem. In the evening on 3 July, on the birthday of my mother, we were in the Fritschestr. 46. The front house was completely burned out, I was already desperate. But then I saw, however, in passing through the ruins, light rear building. I also saw in our kitchen window light. From the front to the rear building was not to get close. could think of me, my friend Hans Sommer lived in the Windscheidstr.30 and both houses had the same court. So I'm left to Achim for a corner in the Pestalozzi Street and then back into next round in the wind Scheid street, number 30, through the hallway and through the yard. In the middle was indeed a fence, but that was not an obstacle, especially since he was quite rusty. The basement stairs were even open. But pure and the 4 stairs, always equal to 2, 3 steps at a time taking high. Rang and my mother opened the door and I fell on her neck. Then even my father and my sister Brunhilde to the door. Our apartment was fully preserved and even as I knew them. Then went off the great storytelling. Next
0 comments:
Post a Comment